top of page
Smith Gadd & Co FAQs


Where do I send recruitment enquiries?


Please address all enquiries relating to recruitment to Fiona Greenhalgh on or at Smith Gadd & Co, 1 The Courtyard, London Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1AT 

Do you accept trainee solicitors?

No, we are not an authorised training practice.


Do you hold any Wills or Title Deeds previously held by Allen & Glaysher?

We do not hold any documents or files previously stored with the firm of Allen & Glaysher who were the subject of an intervention by the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) in or around 2007.  All enquiries relating to matters dealt with by Allen & Glaysher should be referred to the SRA Intervention Archives Department who can be contacted as follows:

By post to: SRA Contact Centre, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN

By phone to: 0370 606 2555

By email to:  


What is your VAT number?

Our VAT number is 602 3291 82.


Who is your professional indemnity insurer?

Our professional indemnity insurer is International General Insurance Company (UK) Ltd.

Are you registered with any professional body?

Smith Gadd & Co is a partnership. We are members of the Law Society and are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA number 74954.

Who should I contact if I am not happy with your service? 


Smith Gadd and Co are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.

If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so that it can be addressed. In most cases your concerns can be addressed by the lawyer handling your matter however if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction we have in place the following complaints procedure:-


Unresolved complaints are referred in the first instance to a Partner.

What will happen next?


We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of our receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.

We will then investigate your complaint and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.

The Partner will report back to you within 28 working days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.

At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments and, depending on the matter, we may at this stage arrange for another partner to review the decision.

We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.

If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or call 0300 555 0333 about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at


If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.

bottom of page